HFTP’s area chapters work hard on the local level throughout the year to bring hospitality professionals together and HFTP into the community where they live and work – through fun networking socials, philanthropic activities, educational seminars and more. As the year 2022 slowly winds down and 2023 is on the horizon, take a look back at some of the chapter acts that have taken place over the past few months and see what is to come in the new year.
- The HFTP Los Cabos Mexico Chapter hosted a chapter meeting on September 30 at the Barceló Gran Faro Hotel to explore new technologies, a presentation supported by Ruckus Networks , CommScope LATAM and HotSpot International. The group posted about their event with photos on LinkedIn.
- The HFTP Mid-Florida Chapter also hosted a meeting last week focused on hospitality technology, where Percipia’s CEO Michael Velasquez discussed in-room hotel technology. See the post and event photos on LinkedIn.
- The HFTP South Florida Chapter gathered at the Mayfair House Hotel and Garden Miami for a tech panel and networking event. Check out the post and event photos on LinkedIn.
- The HFTP Westchester/Fairfield Chapter hosted its annual summer social at the Woodway Beach Club on September 8. In its 12th year, the event drew as many as 95 attendees, making it their most successful social event to date. Aside from the beautiful water-front view at Woodway Beach Club, the event typically features a wide array of seafood to include a lobster feast.
- The HFTP Los Angeles Chapter met at the iconic Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel for their first post-Covid in-person meeting. See the post and event photos on LinkedIn.
- The HFTP Arizona Chapter is gearing up to participate in the Arizona Animal Welfare League’s (AAWL) Walk to Save Lives, a community event it has participated in for the past few years. The AAWL is Arizona’s largest and oldest no-kill shelter. The walk is held on the first Saturday of November at the Tempe Town Lakes, where you can walk a 5K or 2K route, with or without your pup. Last year, the chapter came in fifth place in fundraising, and the chapter hopes to place higher in funds raised this year.
- The HFTP Greater Philadelphia Chapter’s annual golf outing, which took place on August 22 at the Union League Liberty Hill, raised over $9,000 USD towards scholarships which will be issued to three college students majoring in hospitality management, finance or technology.
- The HFTP Gulf Coast Chapter hosted an installation dinner at the Quarry Lodge, Naples. During this event, the chapter expressed appreciation to Chapter Past President Susan Bowles for leading the board, as well as Laurie Rozeski, CFO of Wildcat Run Golf & Country Club for chairing the charity golf event and presenting a $12,000 USD check to Joanne’s House of Hope Hospice. The chapter will be having their next meeting on November 17 at the Shadow Wood Country Club, featuring Dr. Art Johnson from Palm Beach Atlantic University as guest speaker. See the post and event photos on LinkedIn.
- The HFTP Southern California Desert Chapter hosted its 28th annual “Fun in the Sun” Golf Tournament earlier this summer at the Chaparral Country Club. This event has been successful at raising money for the chapter’s scholarship fund, which benefits accounting students in the hospitality industry. Check out this online photo album from the event.
Celebrating Award-winning Chapter Excellence
Around this time each year, HFTP pays tribute to the chapters who have gone above and beyond to provide local members with educational, professional and networking opportunities. These chapters were recognized with the HFTP 2022 Chapter of the Year Awards at the HFTP 2022 Annual Convention in Austin, Texas USA last month. Congratulations to the following chapters on their outstanding achievements:
- Tier A Chapter Award (with 35 members or less): HFTP Greater Milwaukee Chapter
- Tier B Chapter Award (with 36-70 members): HFTP North Texas Chapter
- Tier C Chapter Award (with 71+ members): HFTP Mid-Florida Chapter
- Student Chapter of the Year Award: HFTP University of Houston Cougar Chapter
HFTP chapters will continue to host meetings, workshops, education sessions, luncheons and socials through the rest of the year and into 2023. Be sure to check out the chapter calendar of events on the HFTP website to see what is on the horizon. Take advantage of these chapter activities to maximize your opportunities for association networking and education. Make it your goal to get involved and consider taking a leadership role on your local chapter board.