Luxurious cruise line Cunard declared their new partnership with legendary Royal Canadian Geographical Culture (RCGS), at the nonprofit’s once-a-year Faculty of Fellows Evening meal at the Canadian War Museum in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Cunard Partnership with Royal Canadian Geographical Modern society
Matthew Gleaves, VP of Commercial Improvement for Cunard in North The usa, made the announcement at the celebration declaring, “both Cunard and the Royal Canadian Geographical Society have a deep historical past and share a devotion to vacation and exploration, with a great wish for cultural comprehension. This partnership is the best marriage of know-how and discovery.”
Examine Additional: What It is Seriously Like Aboard a Queen Mary 2 Transatlantic Crossing
RCGS Specialists Headline 2023 Voyages in Alaska and Canada / New England
Experts from the RCGS will be featured on select 2023 voyages as component of Cunard’s renowned InsightsTM onboard enrichment method. The RCGS headliners will be on each Cunard voyage in the 2023 Alaska year on Queen Elizabeth, from June through August, and on the Canada/New England voyage in September, from New York to Quebec, on flagship liner Queen Mary 2.
Cunard’s record spans around 182 years and was started by Canadian Samuel Cunard. He was liable for the beginning of Transatlantic service concerning Europe and North The us.
With three Queens in the fleet and a fourth on the way, the line features vacationers the prospect to discover all corners of the environment – legendary cities, lesser-recognised destinations, and every little thing in in between, with innovation and present day facilities that make each individual encounter unforgettable.
What is the Royal Canadian Geographical Society?
The Royal Canadian Geographical Culture is focused to knowing and educating folks about the assorted human and actual physical landscapes of Canada and outside of. With more than 26,000 total-time educators from throughout the state and a robust Fellowship of distinguished thought leaders and all those dedicated to geographical literacy, the RCGS is 1 of Canada’s largest non-financial gain geographical and educational corporations.
RCGS speakers include explorers, naturalists, geographical gurus, and indigenous advocates who will custom made curate unique programming for Cunard attendees. The RCGS experts incorporate:
- John Geiger, CEO, RCGS: finest-providing writer, speaker and adventurer who will discuss about the heritage, heritage and expeditions which took area on the surrounding lands
- Joseph Frey: Scuba diver and former officer with the Royal Canadian Navy who specializes in Anthropology and the migration of folks on the land
- Jill Heinerth, RCGS Explorer in Residence: Underwater diver, explorer, author and educator with a emphasis on coastal environments
- George Kourounis, RCGS Explorer in Residence: Worldwide explorer and adventurer who contributes his know-how to the Discovery Channel and the Weather Network
- Lynn Moorman, RCGS Fellow: Geographer and educator who speaks about the glaciers, fjords and geographic technologies that visitors will come upon along the British Columbia Coast and Alaska
- Perry Bellegarde, Honorary Vice President RCGS: Former Nationwide Main of the Assembly of Initial Nations, Indigenous advocate, and educator on Indigenous people and their lands
Gleaves ongoing, “Cunard is committed to not only discovering the attractiveness and abundant culture of the region, but also to educating friends all through the time they commit with us. There is no greater firm to support us do well in this than the RCGS we intend to make this a very long-lasting partnership.”
John Geiger, CEO for the Royal Canadian Geographical Modern society shares, “Our mandate to make Canada much better identified to Canadians and to the earth will be furthered by this remarkable partnership with Cunard. By way of collaborative enrichment programming and delivering Canadian Geographic material onboard, we hope just about every Cunard visitor will appear to respect and adore the dynamic and diverse landscape and people today of our state.”
Source: Cunard Line
I’m the editor and creator of CruiseMaven.com, a solo traveler cruising the world on waves and wheels, accumulating recipes together the way. I hope my article content and pictures entertain, advise and encourage you to travel the environment devoid of flying. Just take a breath…stop for a regional meal and a glass of wine together the way.